As the church in Greater Charlotte, we have the opportunity to impact the lives of the next generation through our school district. Education is not a For Charlotte network, but rather a focus area of all networks. We are encouraging all churches in our city to partner with CMS to transform our city one student at a time. For that reason, For Charlotte is honored to partner with Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools to help facilitate school-church partnerships.
There are opportunities for your church to partner with CMS by engaging in activities or providing resources that promote academic achievement and foster strong community connections with children. Following are examples of services that churches can provide their school partner:
1. Provide tutor and mentor services
2. Offer before- and after-school programs for students
3. Serve as test proctors
4. Lunch buddy
5. Reading buddy
6. Classroom volunteer
7. Career Coach
8. Donate funds
9. Donate goods and services
10. Support early childhood development and preschool programs
11. Classroom speaker
12. Cultural Arts support
14. Special projects support
15. Provide programs, such as childcare and daycare services, that make it possible for parents with multiple responsibilities to participate in school activities.
16. Help children learn about careers and the importance of education.
17. Provide space for youth-oriented programs of PTA/PTO groups
18. Help to build community coalitions and collaborations to benefit CMS.
19. Support classroom teachers through employee recognition activities (volunteer during lunch to provide staff duty free lunch for teachers/staff, encouraging notes, classroom supplies for teachers)
To learn more about how your church can partner with a CMS school, please email us at the information to the right. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to make a measurable change in our community and the future of our city. Our children deserve a city of citizens who know and understand the impact of serving.